Kinghorn Community Donations
The race organisers are delighted to announce the following donations made within Kinghorn Community as a direct result of hosting The Black Rock '5' race.
- £500 to Kinghorn Drop-in based at the Church Hall providing meals to the elderly.
- £1000 to the Julian Hall Committee to fund much needed repairs to re-instate the hall for use by the Scout movement.
- A further £700 from T-shirt sales on race night also to support the repairs which turned out to be a bit more than expected!
- £230 given to Kinghorn RNLI to provision the burger stall on race night which in turn made £700 on the night to support the vital work of our lifeboat.
- £500 to Kinghorn Children's Gala to help fund the annual community event.
- £500 to support the refurbishment of the Kinghorn Parish Church Centre, known as "The Glory Hole".
- £100 to support an evening community event based on volunteering within the Community, organised by Fife Elderly Forum.
- £500 was donated on race night to Medicins sans Frontiers, the nominated charity of AGR in 2012.
The organisers also would like to take the opportunity again to acknowledge the generous support given by those from the community who give their time and energy to make the race the success it has become.